Only necessary if you plan on using your Carver bathtub as a shower as well. This tile flange prevents water from getting behind your shower walls during shower use. Installation of this tile flange is done onsite during your bathtub installation. The flange comes with a self adhesive plastic strip the will be installed around the perimeter of the bathtub/shower walls that will come into direct contact with water. For proper installation a bead of silicon caulking will be used as described in the photo above.
Most commonly the proper installation will be similar to: stud wall > tile flange > backer board > tile & grout > silicon
- For use when bathtub also serves as a shower
- Prevents water from running behind shower wall into tub deck area
- Installed onsite during bathtub installation
- Self adhesive plastic strip
- Requires finishing technique that includes silicon caulking for best performance